Gemstone Color Combo Challenge
Hosted by Girl Day Leader: Kendra Scott
Visit our Booth:
- Saturday, February 27, 2021, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 6, 2021, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Recommended Grades: K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Let's play with some color! Kendra Scott is a jewelry company that uses many different colored gemstones, especially in our Color Bar where you get to choose a piece of jewelry and your favorite color or color combination of gemstone to go inside!
We want to know how many gemstone color combinations you could make from your 4 favorite colors.
Supplies Needed: a paper plate or sheet of blank paper, 4 coloring utensils, scissors (optional: a hole punch and 2 foot long piece of string)
- Take your paper plate or sheet of blank paper and cut into 4 sections. You can cut evenly, or into fun "gemstone" shapes!
- Color each of your 4 sections a different color.
- Move around your color shapes and make as many possible combinations of the 4 colors as possible (always using 4 colors). For example: red, green, blue, orange is one combination, and green, red, blue, orange is another.
- Optional fun! Choose your favorite color or color combination and punch a hole through them. Put your piece of string through them and tie a knot to give yourself your own custom necklace, just like we make at our Kendra Scott Color Bar!
- Take a picture of your gemstone color combination and share on Flipgrid
Math and fashion can go hand in hand :) Watch our Vice President of E-Commerce & Customer Analytics start the activity and talk about how important math is in her job! Watch the video below:
You can find the answer to how many gemstone color combinations you can make here.