We are thrilled to announce a partnership with Cap Metro for Girl Day 2018. They offered free Park & Ride services from 5 Austin Public Library locations for the event, giving everyone the chance to avoid the hassle and cost that come with trying to get to and park on campus. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., participants could park at any of the 5 library locations listed below, go inside to request their free Local Day Pass and then hop on the bus. Cap Metro staff was there on campus to help guide them to the activities.
There’s another great thing that happened with these Transit Adventures. One of our partnerships helps Girl Scouts earn transit merit badge, and Girl Day was a perfect chance to work toward that.
FREE RIDES WERE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Little Walnut Creek Branch | 835 West Rundberg Lane | Routes 1, 801
- Pleasant Hill Branch | 211 East William Cannon Drive | Routes 1, 801
- Recycled Reads Bookstore | 5335 Burnet Road | Routes 3, 803 ( Noon to 4 p.m. only)
- Ruiz Branch | 1600 Grove Boulevard | Route 20
- University Hills Branch | 4721 Loyola Lane | Route 20
To plan your trip to Girl Day (or anywhere else), visit capmetro.org/planner.
Thank you to Cap Metro for offering this great service to our community! Check out the blog post!