HOW TO JOIN IN VIRTUALLY FOR GIRL DAY on 2/19/2022
On Saturday, February 19th, Girl Day for K-8th graders will be hosted on Zoom Webinar from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT and on Gatherly from 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. CT. All registrants will receive detailed information on how to log in and make the most of the virtual event. High School and Educator registrants will receive information via email on how to join in their programming.
Zoom Webinar: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT, February 19, 2022
Join in at https://utexas.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mM9g6lAgRGeeSma9WI2bpw. Visit Zoom Support for information on how to join a Zoom Webinar and to make use of the Q&A and chat features to ask questions and join in discussions. The Zoom Webinar will also be live-streamed on the Women in STEM Facebook Page. See the STEM Shows page for the complete agenda.
Gatherly: 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. CT, February 19, 2022
Registrants will receive a special link to join the Gatherly interactive online platform. It is recommended that all participants test out Gatherly and explore the resources below in advance of joining Girl Day to make the most of the event. NOTE: Gatherly does not have backgrounds or the capability to blur your background.
- #UTGirlDay Gatherly Participant Guide
- What is Gatherly? (short article)
- Gatherly Youtube Playlist (video guides)
- Gatherly Tech Specs:
- Software: Gatherly is currently supported on Google Chrome and Firefox. Microsoft Edge may work but is not officially supported.
- Hardware: Gatherly is currently only supported on laptops and desktop computers. While recommended, neither a webcam nor microphone is required to join Gatherly.
- Network: Like all video chat services, Gatherly requires a decent Internet connection for the most fluid experience.
- Gatherly Troubleshooting Guide
- #UTGirlDay "Maps" for each floor in Gatherly: see below or click link to explore the maps of each activity floor for the Girl Day at UT Austin afternoon hands-on and interactive demonstration session