Women in STEM (WiSTEM) and the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement thank all the student organizations, research groups, university programs, non-profits, community organizations, and companies who joined in STEM Girl Day 2023.
Registration for campus and community partners for STEM Girl Day 2024 will open late Summer 2024.
UT Women in STEM (WiSTEM) provides...
- All promotion, coordination and logistics planning for STEM Girl Day at UT Austin
- 20+ years experience and name-brand recognition of UT Austin’s national award-winning program
- Long-standing collaboration with Girl Scouts (large percentage of participants are Girl Scouts)
- Public relations including press releases, media advisories, press kit for partners and City of Austin proclamation
- Campus resources, including parking, classrooms, outside space, and limited UT volunteers (faculty, staff and students)
- Activity and demonstration planning support, logistics, layout and assignments
- STEM Girl Day “At Home” database and website platform
- WiFi access to university network
- Volunteer and participant communications and marketing materials including emails, eNewsletters and flyers
- Programs, signage, tents, tables, chairs and decorations
- Online registration system for participants
- Training, t-shirts, snacks for volunteers
- Event participants demographics analysis
Partnering Organizations agree to...
- Adhere to all university policies and procedures (STEM Girl Day at UT Austin policies and procedures will be shared)
- Complete the online organization registration form with activity and organization details by the deadline
- Provide sufficient volunteers and materials to support organization’s activity, demo, engagement throughout Girl Day
- Promote STEM Girl Day at UT Austin according to press kit procedures
- Communicate all information to volunteers and ensure volunteers complete online volunteer training
- Engage participants through gender-friendly, hands-on STEM activities designed for a come-and-go experience
- Leave all spaces as they were found (clean, straightened, etc.)
- Be respectful of nearby activities and partners (stay within designated spaces, manage lines and noise, etc.)
The following agreements are required on the 2024 Girl Day Campus, Community, and Corporate Partners Registration in order to participate:
- I understand my organization and volunteers must adhere to all university policies and procedures.
- I understand that space is limited and the organizers do their best to accommodate all requests.
- I will make my assigned space work for our activity or demonstration and will adjust our activity or plans as needed.
- I understand I must plan accordingly with materials and volunteers so that my activity will remain open throughout the duration of the event. Closing early is a major disappointment to visitors and does not reflect well upon the organizers, my organization, or the overall event.
- I understand I must provide my own extension cords, power strips, technology, hands-on activity materials, etc. unless explicitly discussed and communicated with the organizers. These items are not provided.
- I understand I must engage enough volunteers to manage my activity/demo throughout the entirety of the event. General volunteers may not be available to assist.
- I understand all volunteers must complete the online training for the safety and security of our guests and event participants.
- I understand the signage, activity creation/testing zone, volunteers, etc. for my activity must be confined to the space I am assigned out of respect for other organizations participating.
- I understand that marketing and media, including communications with news outlets, must be coordinated through Women in STEM (WiSTEM) at UT Austin. My organization will use appropriate hashtags and tag event organizers when posting about the event.
- I understand that UT Board of Regents prohibits solicitation on campus without an approved written agreement. Non-UT organizations may not sell anything on campus (swag, subscriptions, anything). Student organizations must get approval from WiSTEM for food or swag sales at STEM Girl Day.
- I agree to read all organizer communications, pass on appropriate information to my volunteers and other organization leaders or participants, and follow all safety training requirements.
- I agree to ensure our space/room/area is completely cleaned at the conclusion of the event. This includes ensuring all trash is appropriately disposed in trash bags, all signs are removed, all materials returned to their appropriate place, and the space/room/area looks like we have never been there.
- I understand that my organization will be responsible for paying for any cleaning penalties or damage to our space/room/area. Our organization will be notified within one week after Girl Day about any charges and will be invoiced within one month of Girl Day.
- I agree to check out with the appropriate information tent or building coordinator before our organization departs the event.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.