Educators are Invited to STEM Girl Day
Educators are welcome to attend to wander, explore, and visit with the amazing campus, corporate, and community partners and volunteers about their STEM experiences and STEM Girl Day activity or demonstration. Find all information about how to participate in the FAQ and Participate links. Educators do not need to register if attending without students.
Register your K-8th grade school, grade, or class: To register K-8th grade students to participate, visit the Registration page.
Volunteer on your own or bring a high school club or team to volunteer:
- Individual volunteer registration will be open in January for individuals who would like to help out at an info tent, with wayfinding, as a photographer, or with hands-on activities at STEM Girl Day. Volunteering is limited to those 18 years of age and older due to UT Austin Youth Protection Policies.
- High schoolers may volunteer with a club or team and a chaperone to lead a hands-on STEM activity or demonstration. Learn more on the Get Involved page.
Additional educator opportunities:
- Sign up for the WiSTEM monthly K-12 STEM eNewsletter to be alerted when STEM Girl Day at UT Austin registration opens each year and to hear about other great K-12 STEM opportunities happening on campus and across the state.
- Check out the Engineers Week Educator Planning Guide created by Discover Engineering. STEM Girl Day is celebrated as part of Engineers Week annually.
- Explore STEM Starts for UT Austin STEM opportunities, events, professional development and more.
- Explore Science Near Me for STEM opportunities for students, families, and educators across Texas and beyond.
- Check out WiSTEM Partner Texas Partnership for Out of School Time (TXPOST) for educator and out of school time resources. TXPOST is a statewide intermediary whose mission is to convene, educate, and advocate to improve the quality and increase the availability of out of school time (OST) opportunities for Texas youth.