Shows and Live Broadcasts
Girl Day at UT Austin 2022 is scheduled for Saturday, February 19, 2022, 11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Check back for information on shows for our hopefully in-person #UTGirlDay 2022.
Girl Day 2021 Shows and Recordings
Saturday, February 27, 2021
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., UT Austin Physics Circus "Shocking Properties of Electricity" Live Show
Sunday, February 28, 2021
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., UT Austin Physics Circus "The Science of Germs" Live Show
- 12:15 p.m. - 12:45 p.m., Abbott Women in STEM, Make Your Body Smarter with Abbott (Live Demo #1 of 4)
- 1:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m., Abbott Women in STEM, Make Your Body Smarter with Abbott (Live Demo #2 of 4)
- 2:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m., Abbott Women in STEM, Make Your Body Smarter with Abbott (Live Demo #3 of 4)
- 3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Abbott Women in STEM, Make Your Body Smarter with Abbott (Live Demo #4 of 4)
Saturday, March 6, 2021
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., UT Austin Physics Circus "The States of Matter" Live Show
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Phillips 66, Energy Bingo, 5-Minute Phillips 66 Energy Bingo - Join in any time all day!
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Urban Wildlife Demos & Bike Maintenance Tutorials with City of Austin Park Rangers: Repeats All Day
- 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., 30 Minute Demos and Live Q&A with UT Austin Glassblowers at 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m., Build a PC with AMD Engineers - Meet AMD STEM Role Models
Sunday, March 7, 2021
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m., UT Austin Physics Circus "Air Pressure Adventure" Live Show
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., UT Austin Re-sonate, Designing a World around Women: 30 Minute Sessions at 12, 1, 2, 3 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., Kate the Chemist Live Show at 12:30 p.m.
- 1:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m., Do a Sky Survey with Science Action Club
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., UT Austin Integrated Nano Computing Lab, Meet the Nanotechnologists
Science entertainer & associate professor of instruction
Join Kate the Chemist for Bubble Snakes, Science Demos & The STEM Night Disaster.
Recommended Grades: All
Kate Biberdorf is a chemist, science entertainer, and professor at The University of Texas at Austin. Through her theatrical and hands-on approach to teaching, Dr. Biberdorf is breaking down the image of the stereotypical scientist, while reaching students who might otherwise be intimidated by science. She is the author of four popular science books, including one of Amazon's Best Books of 2020, "The Big Book of Experiments". She has appeared repeatedly on national television, including The Today Show, The Kelly Clarkson Show, and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, where she performs explosive chemistry demos and provides inspiring messages about science for all.
The UT Austin Physics Circus is a show with fun and often explosive science demonstrations covering topics including states of matter and electricity.
Stunt Ranch has been graciously offering an action-packed science closing to Girl Day since 2010! Science in the Movies is a live presentation that reveals the exciting ways science is used to create movie stunts and special effects. During a thrilling one hour assembly, Steve Wolf's team performs six stunts and effects that teach over 100 essential science and safety concepts.